Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Thrifty sun room make over with faux succulents & thrifty finds!


We gave our breezeway a simple 
makeover the other day! 
It had been painted a 
bright blue & white
 (not a pretty bright blue either).

I was lucky & found a brand new 
can of bright white
paint in our basement (never opened)!
I touched up the white wood work & paneling
as well as covered all of the ugly blue! 


I was at the thrift store the other day &
picked up the plant stand for $6 as well as the
vintage blue planter for $1. I have had the 
vintage deer planter for a long time
but I finally found the perfect home for it!
We are thinking about planting an 
herb in it. 


I have been looking for a 
welcome mat for some 
time & have had no luck unless
 I wanted to spend a fortune on one 
(they are so expensive)! 

I stopped by Family Dollar
& I honestly don't always care
for that store but I found a welcome
mat for $5 & the two plastic succulents
for $1 each!!! I took 
them out of their original containers 
& added them to the planter with
real dirt to make them look real!

It works! I love them & to be honest 
I don't have
much of a green thumb! ;) 

This summer will be a test! The kids
& I want to start a garden! I will blog about 
that later! 

All in all our little make over was
under $30 including the mid century
chairs that I found for $5 a piece
that are not shown in the pic. 

Enjoy! -Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment