Thursday, May 12, 2016

Cat scratcher DIY!

We recently adopted our
 sweet kitty from the Humane society 
& I was surprised to learn that
they love cardboard. 

I had been shopping around a bit
for a scratcher for her & they were either
cheaply made or
expensive.


I remembered that we had some corrugated 
cardboard in the garage & a shallow 
box (as I save them for shipping out 
my inventory). 

I cut the cardboard strips the width of the 
box & removed the flaps. It took
quite a few strips 
to fill the box so that it was 
packed in there tightly. 


I hot glued some scrap fabric on 
the edges of the box to 
make it not look like a box
full of cardboard. Lol!


She instantly started scratching on it!
She LOVES it.. 
She sleeps on it, plays on it
& most importantly scratches on it. 

All for free! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment